Readme for Analysis Services Upgrade Verification Tool Sample
The Analysis Services Upgrade Verification Tool lets you compare Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) query results and performance between a Microsoft database and a Microsoft database. This tool helps you verify that your upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to SQL
Server 2005 was successful.
Default Location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Analysis Services\Administrator\ASUV
This sample allows you to verify the validity and correctness of your data after an upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
Before you run this sample, you should have the following software installed:
- .NET Framework SDK 2.0 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. The .NET Framework SDK is available free of charge. For more information, see
Installing the .NET Framework SDK in SQL Server 2005 Books Online.
- ADOMD.NET, which is available free of charge in the
Feature Pack on the Microsoft Web site.
Building the Sample
To build the ASUV sample
- Build the sample by using Visual Studio 2005 and the provided Visual Studio solution.— or —
- Build the sample by using Microsoft MSBuild, which is included in the .NET Framework SDK 2.0. At a command prompt, run a command similar to the following:msbuild /nologo /verbosity:quiet /property:Configuration=Debug CS/ASUV.slnOther Microsoft
MSBuild build options can be used depending on your needs.
Running the Sample
To run the ASUV sample
- In Visual Studio 2005, press F5.— or —
- In Visual Studio 2005, on the Debug menu, click Start. — or —
- At a command prompt, run a command similar to the following:CS\ASUV\bin\Debug\ASUV.exeThe path might vary depending on the options that were used to compile the sample and the starting folder when at command prompt.
Opening the sample project
To open the sample project
- On the File menu, click Open.
- In the Project Location box, enter the location of the sample project XML file. For example, the path might be similar to the following:
- Test the database connections by clicking Test Connection.
- Click Apply.
Adding and executing the sample queries
To add and execute the sample queries
- On the Query menu, click Add Query.
- In the Select File box, enter the location of the sample queries MDX file. For example, the path might be similar to the following:
- Click Import.
- On the Query menu, click Execute Queries AS 2000 or* Execute Queries AS 2005*.
- To view the query results, on the Result menu, click Compare Query Results.
Getting more help
To open the ASUV sample online help
- On the Help menu, click Help Topics. © 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.